Top 5 Products to Treat Restless Leg Syndrome
Treatment for restless leg syndrome is targeted at easing symptoms. In people with mild to moderate restless legs syndrome, lifestyle changes, such as beginning a regular exercise program, establishing regular sleep patterns, and eliminating or decreasing the use of caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco, may be helpful. Treatment of an RLS-associated condition also may provide relief of symptoms.
Top 5 products to treat restless leg syndrome include:
- Dopaminergic drugs, which act on the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain. Mirapex, Neupro, and Requip are FDA-approved for treatment of moderate to severe RLS. Others, such as levodopa, may also be prescribed.
- Benzodiazepines, a class of sedative medications, may be used to help with sleep, but they can cause daytime drowsiness.
- Narcotic pain relievers may be used for severe pain.
- Anticonvulsants, or antiseizure drugs, such as Tegretol, Lyrica, Neurontin, and Horizant.
- Natural remedies are also of great benefit in supporting healthy limbs and cardiovascular functioning without the risk of side effects or addiction. Natural products include both nutrients and herbs that affect nerve impulses and muscle tone.